Monday, December 26, 2011

iTweet. iRuled.

Hurting people is easy.

Moreover, social media triggers more insulation.

I guess weak-hearted people whom easily getting offended or have sensitive heart should not involved too much in social media.
I mean, even me, in my worst state, sometimes do feel offended by some people or some tweets.
Though it probably was not meant for me.
I guess there are several rules, my rules, to stay survived in social media world.
Especially when we are down or weary, it's better to follow these several rules.
Save your heart, save your feeling. Spare.

1. IF YOUR NAME IS NOT THERE, IT'S NOT FOR YOU. MAKE BELIEVE!
Sometimes we see words that kill us inside, either it's by people whom you have problem with, or people you just don't want to remember. It's best to tell yourself, if you're not mentioned, it's not for you. Even the content is offensive regarding to your recall. IT'S NOT FOR YOU. PERIOD.


2. WHEN YOU ARE CURIOUS, STOP.
Curiosity kills. Ignorance is bliss. In social media, it works very well. Sometimes we eager to check timeline of people you usually avoid. Stop checking, stop finding, stop looking for trouble.

3. LOG IN JUST WHEN YOU WANT TO TWEET/UPDATE.
After that, log off. Don't dare yourself to scroll down or up or check recent updates. Back to rule number 2. CURIOSITY KILLS!


4. WHEN THINGS GOT OUT OF HAND, TRY TO IGNORE.
When you see certain things that offend you, or hurt your feeling in any way, try to remember, it's social media, people can speak anything they want, though it's sometimes rubbish. If it doesn't work, try to ignore. If you just feel hurt, log off. If it doesn't help, tweet some more until you feel relieved. WHO CARES AFTERALL? ( :


5. CONFRONT.
I sometimes see some people's timeline and some people, whom coincidentally have issues with me recently, and their tweets seem so offensive, I just go ahead contact them and ask. I know, it's like too impulsive or too to-the-point, but then that's just me, or at least I don't waste time wondering if it's me they're talking about. I prefer ask directly. If they tell the truth then it's good and we can proceed to solve it. If they seem like concealing, then screw them. What I call "friend" would not avoid issue. Moreover if it's stupid/silly/small/minor/unimportant issue. What's good in hiding or keeping hatred? It's stupid, wasting time, and a cancer. But to be honest, most of people I asked directly don't tell the truth, or I end up hurting them in some ways. I guess I'm just too forward.

6. YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP REPLYING UNTIL YOU END UP SPEECHLESS.
I don't want to stereotyping Indonesian, but I don't find this particular behavior in any other nationality (or not yet?). But Indonesian usually takes forever to end a conversation. It's like OH-GOSH-ENDLESS. Things usually get out of context and keep going on until it becomes annoyingly random. But unconsciously I also sometimes do that. I just don't feel right when I don't reply any mention or conversation. But it's tiring, really.

7. IGNORE THOSE WHO OCCASIONALLY ANYHOW REPLY/RT.
Usually you tweet something about certain thing or particular people and that person coincidentally RT or reply. It's just hilariously awkward. I usually ignore those who RT or reply without knowing the reasons why I tweet/write it. You really don't have to reply when you don't want to. Even with simple "haha" or "hehe" orany emoticon, when you don't want to, just don't.

8. YOUR WORLD, YOUR RULE, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
Since it's yours, you are free to write, say, tweet anything. But then refer back to see if things that you do appropriate to be shared. I mean, straightforward things like updating EVERYTHING you do EVERY SECOND is not important at all right? You're not someone even famous, even if you are, does EVERYBODY want to know EVERYTHING you do? I bet only your die-hard-fans or die-hard-stalker who wants to know about your EVERYTHING. Seriously, I don't care if your daddy just bought you a private island or an airplane. Do you really need to show it to the world? Get a life. You just bought a new g-string, transparent one, you really have to share the picture with everybody, with the world? Moreover if you are wearing it?
Excuse me, what? Jealous?
I'm not jealous, I'm just disgusted.
There's a BIG difference between jealousy and disgust.
Famous people get famous because they become the talk of the town for what they have/achieve, not because they brag about it.
There is a BIG difference between famous people and people who wants to be famous.
Actually it's okay to do anything, in anyway, I also have mute button and also ability to skip your timeline anyway ( :

9. IT'S PERSONAL SPACE.
My twitter is my world. To be exact, I don't expect people to follow me in the first place I created my twitter account. I just want to have fun, but then it ends up like hell. Reason is the more people who follow you, the bigger responsibility to hold what you're saying. However, it's a personal account, not some kind of celebrity or organization or marketing twitter. Too bad some people don't get what twitter is about. But then too bad that sometimes we follow wrong person. LOL

10. FOLLOW/UNFOLLOW. EXISTENCE.
It's not necessarily to follow people who follow you. And you cannot force people to follow you as well. If you have to unfollow someone you know, just fyi even if you unfollow them, doesn't make you stop knowing them. Funny anyway.
And twitter is not something that gives you a million dollar if you reach certain amount of followers or tweets in your timeline.
Who cares if your timeline reaches 1 million tweets?
Who cares if your follower reaches 1 million (in this case, personal twitter)?
Seriously. I don't care.
I use twitter as micro blog, to say things I want to say.
It's not commercial twitter and I am not a celebrity.
I am just a common person who loves to write and speak my mind.
That's all.


Btw, if you find yourself disagree to what I have said, maybe this one is more appropriate for you.

cheers,

meL

No comments: