Friday, September 10, 2010

the ugly duckling

Dear dad,

I may not be a stunning beautiful swan who has her wings spread just yet
But I am trying to be one

I may have not made you proud just yet
But I promise you one thing for sure that I will make you proud sooner or later

I may not doing things as you wish for
Since I have my own methods in doing something
But I know what I am doing and I will make it work

I may not be a normal daughter like other proud parents have
I do things on my own
It's just a little bit slow and sometimes disconserted

I always try not muttering about how hard life is
Because I already know life is hard but we have to keep fighting

I always try not mumbling about how I have failed so many times in doing what I do
Because I know I have to try harder

It's not that I don't want to try hard
It's not that I don't want to make your life harder with me being here, useless

I want to be something
I want to be everything
I want to make you proud
I want to make you happy
And I do want to make things right for myself

But you never taught me how to
I completely lost sometimes and I need help

Can I get advice instead of things that makes me completely down?
Can I get help that will improve my baby steps til I full grown?

I never blame you for once in my life
I see you as my savior, my hero in any circumstances
Not because you are my dad, it's because you are a savior, you are a hero

If only I could have your faith just a little
And give me a little more time to do what I've been doing
And patiently wait for me to succeed and change everything
I would do anything to get that

Am I not making you proud just a little along these times?

Even so....
Just wait for me until I become the astonishing swan when I fully grown up
Soon....


With love,

The ugly duckling

No comments: