Thursday, September 1, 2011

back&forth

I have been listening to the newest album of Foo Fighters : Wasting Light

the album itself if I shall say is basically still all around love
I sniff love and relationship (mostly twisted ones) in every single piece of (great) song in the album

which is true

"It turned into something that was a lot more full-circle conceptual. It just started to read like poetry." ~Grohl
the lyrics are somehow rhyming and smoothly flowing when you listen to each song
most of them are about trying to engage people in feeling the same feeling like what Grohl tried to evoke/present
the music, is a different one from the previous album in 2007 Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
in this album the music is pumping yet evoking your emotion badly like: you, in a karaoke room, want to jump all over the place and whip your microphone's cord all over the place and channel all your emotions, drain everything up and just be happy about it

"I was just kind of just channelling all of this energy that was going on around us." ~Grohl

Though he's clear (and happy) about the fact that his hectic life prevents too much reflection for "counting trophies," Grohl does admit that this project -- one of a new approach that is, in a variety of ways, intensely personal -- is especially gratifying. 

"I'm 42 now and I still feel fucking 26 years old. To sit down and look at the last 20 years is just a fucking trip." ~Grohl

so I can simply say: KUDOS TO FOO FIGHTERS! I LOVE WASTING LIGHT SO MUCH! MUCHO MUCHO!

well I am currently in love with this particular song: Back&Forth
long story behind why I listen to Foo Fighters again after so long, well to simplify: someone precious introduced me to Arlandria
at first I couldn't stop listening to it because it reminds me of that person but then I just love everything
I JUST LOVE THE SONG

so here is the lyric, go sing along with me and absorb the enjoyment!

Once upon a time I was somebody else
In another life, I saw myself
Way back then, back when I was you

Somewhere down the line I started to slip
Years gone by, biting my lip
All the while, all this time I knew

Now your on your own, one for the pages
Over the hill and through the ages
Does my heaven burn like hell on you?

Out beneath the cracks and coming in waves
Rolling like an earthquake under the pavement
Heavy now, tell me Mr.Truth

You got a lot of nerve
Now show a little backbone why don't you
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/f/foo_fighters/back_and_forth.html ]
(Chorus)
I'm lookin' for some back and forth with you
Are you feeling the same as I do now and now and then?
I'm lookin' for some back and forth with you
Are you feeling the same as I do?
Down and out

Holding my breath I waited and waited
How'd the simple life get so complicated?
Shoes to fill, secrets to spill down you

Deer in the headlights, spoke in the wheel
You want pretend I need for real
I'm taking it back, all my IOU's

You got a lot of nerve
Now show a little backbone why don't you

(Chorus)
(Solo)
You got a lot of nerve
Now show a little backbone why don't you
(Chorus x3)


source: Grohl (about) Wasting Light

No comments: